Thursday, January 1, 2015

Two for the 1st


Song to the Future.. 2015..
I’ve paid my dues, got nothing to lose,
I won’t quit for tryin’
I carried my own, and the stars have shown,
It’s time to go somewhat…
Further, and even further than that.
Stop and Start again.
Further, and even further than that-
Again and again.
A hopeless manic, wrapped in a cloak of panic!
What the hell do you think I meant?
My words were not for, a closing of a door,
They were a knock and a wish to go…
Further, and even further than that…
Round and round.
Further and even further than that,
Stop and start again.
We feel the same sun, and a course will be run,
That rain is gonna fall.
There’s nothing you can do, Stop giving me the blues,
There is nothing left to do but go….
Further, and even further than that…
Over and over.
Further, and even further than that,
Round and round.
Hook em’ quick, to catch that fish.
But what would be the bounty?
A certain passion, that ain’t a fashion,
But all I can offer is to go…
Further, and even further than that.
You outta Listen!
Further, and even further than that,
Over and over.
When the credits roll, how will we know?
If the audience will be there.
How far can it go? cause I don’t know..
Your always looking over your shoulder afraid to go..
Further, and even further than that..
Try if we may!
Further, and even further than that
You outta listen.
I’m not trying to capitalize, or win a prize,
That’s not the point of action!
I have some sort of feelin’
There would be some healing by always lookin’
Further, and even further than that,
You outta know!
Further, and even further than that,
Again and again!
JP on the first day of 2015




I am not one to go lightly on words,
with quotes and idle statements.
What you say, you have said-
and I follow directions.

I am not one that signs my name,
dreams and lofty ideas are,
blueprints to me, sort of plans.
and I look for tomorrows.

We are at an impasse
There is no turning back.
Both parties are the benefactors.

The contract now,
is the result of how,
things are gonna be.

I am not one that takes two steps back
mistakes and a forward plan
resolve to try, do not ask why!
and I do not stand corrected!

No comments:

Post a Comment