Friday, January 16, 2015

We Who #Labor In The Arts

But that is His Story. what is your story?...and now.... the rest of the story...Today is examination day.. are you to blind to the evils.. oh... RA. RA. RA...

"We who labor in the arts, we who are singers, we who are actors, we who are artist. We must remember that we come from the people, our strength comes from the people, and we must serve the people... and be a part of them." Paul Robeson


Words, Sound and Power! 



I am a collector of sounds, I also like to play and make them. When I was a kid, I was banned for two blocks around my school from making noises. I had found my voice. I discovered that I could throw it far. Siren noises, and a loud woody wood pecker call was my song. People in the neighborhood knew... that John was walking to school. A woman even went so far as to report me to a show called Real People. A show about eccentrics. I guess for me, it was natural. 

Sun Ra, in a movie called "Make a Joyful Noise," was being interviewed and suggests that he is just like the birds in the trees.. if you don't want to listen then....




but here we go with "His Story". "Mine is endless.." he said that too. RA Ra ra....

for a while now I have been burning. Inspired, writing new tunes trying to figure out what is going to happen. Trying to do something else, create. A poet friend of mine once said.. "write it out!"

but words and power... sounds.. that quote from Paul Robeson is what is on my mind most of the time. these days.. along with the quote from Debs, that is my signature in my emails. The one about conscience

"An inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior." Google


I am still trying to find that voice, and I am listening to the elders. I am also trying to create a new world from the ashes of the old. and in that burning.... trying to live, in balance with love and beauty. I am in my middle ages. the war.. between the young and the old. but.. "eye in the storm" I don't know.. let me think about it... 

JP Wright
20150116 0655 hours
Louisville, KY




No comments:

Post a Comment