Thursday, December 25, 2014

#Railroaded - An epic journey.. on the rail..

I will admit... I have been sort of crazy for a couple of months... but like U. Utah Bruce Phillips said... Crazy is a mental condition..

I have been mad.. and that is a reaction... I have been #railroaded !

Let me explain..

This is my 14th year as a railroad worker.. Being a railroader is already a stressful job, and for the last two years I have poured my heart into a campaign to stop ONE PERSON TRAINS...

Railroaders went up against a very large power.. and now we are waiting for Goliath to strike back...and the fight is not over...

#railroaded is a collection of railroad music form the campaign against the BNSF.. Against the corrupt side of the SMART Union. I am a very big thinker..I get consumed... working for the railroad is a lonely job, lots of time to think... lots of horse power.. commodities.. track... a empire of logistical networks and an agenda of mass corporate greed. The workers on the BNSF said no.. but... 


The Fight is far from over.. that is why we have been #railroaded

Hi$torically $peaking!

I am a musician, locomotive engineer, union organizer who dreams to tell this story far and wide... this is partly why I have gone somewhat mad.. This collection is 13 years of learning who I am.. as a railroader.. where I fit in.. in a very harsh climate. In a hidden culture.. In the scheme of many things....
In a Rolling Art Show and a Sub-Culture of a Sub-Culture.. My friends are located everywhere along the track.. seriously.. ghosts.. Rail Yard Ghosts.. haunt my dreams.. wandering gypsies sing my songs.. I sing theirs.. they are rolling and this driver pulls.. the weight... OVER!



Enjoy this recording. Share it far and wide.. Ask questions.. and for Joe Hill's sake.. Buy the fucking thing... it's a labor of love.. and an interesting look into a world that is and was very influential to many.. #FOLK singers love it.. the whistle.. the aura.. #country singers sing about it... I come from a long heritage.. Jimmie Rodgers - Johnny Cash - Pete Seeger - Woody Guthrie - Joe Hill - Eugene V Debs--- Many more.... Have all been...

#RAILROADED 



No comments:

Post a Comment