Sunday, September 28, 2014

Rail Yard Ghosts - RYG - Railroad Music..

A couple of years ago i met some folks at Heine Brothers in Louisville. They were just passing through. I could tell by the looks of them, that something was going on.. these were not your regular far out punk, rebellious youth.. I met the Rail Yard Fucking Ghosts. 

Being A railroader and a Folk musician.. I am not afraid of ghosts.. especially these ones.. We are of the same vibration... rebellious.. Anarchistic.. Mad.. Pissed off.. Wanting something more.. looking everywhere.. in the dark. in the shadows.. A sub-Culture of a Sub-Culture..real. raw and right in your face.. or sometimes... hidden and full of a mysterious beauty...

Riding the rails. 

Those steel rails that act like a magnetic ribbon waving for all that is lonesome, 

"Don't call me a bum"... I knew they would say that.. when I yelled that at them the night I met them.. 

These folks are doing what they said they would do, and that is more than I can say for some...They said that they would resonate with the wild frontier that is Americana.. don't be afraid of that word.. because us railroaders, hobo's whatever you want to call us.. Railroad Music is the thread buddy and that folk music quilt.. is being held together and built by us... railroaders, workers, musicians,.. so enjoy the Rail Yard Ghosts.. Download their record.. look for them.. and if you see them out and about.... don't worry.. they don' bite..in my humble opinion...
They fuckin' kick ass....




No comments:

Post a Comment